H2R CPA has more than 30 years of experience providing audit and consulting services to Pennsylvania municipalities and other government entities.
Municipal managers and administrators must keep up with declining infrastructure and provide dependable services — all while keeping taxes in check and navigating increasing government regulation.
We draw from our extensive experience to work with your municipality to understand your unique situation and assist you in developing targeted solutions. Municipalities that are not audit clients can contract with us to run daily accounting operations. We can help simplify your financial reporting and share our financial expertise in “plain language.”
Our team stays on the cutting edge of governmental accounting, compliance, and audit requirements by attending conferences sponsored by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Government Audit Quality Center.
School Districts and Educational Institutions
We provide school districts and other educational institutions with specialized auditing and financial services. With one of the most experienced teams in the region, we currently provide services to more than a dozen local school districts and educational institutions spanning three counties.
Our team is intimately familiar with the tangled web of budgetary and regulatory issues facing school boards and administrators. We help streamline audit and accounting processes and provide sound advice to help our clients meet their financial goals.
Tax Collectors - Real Estate and Others
As a school district or municipality, it is your annual obligation under the Pennsylvania Local Tax Collection Law – Act 169 of 1998 (Act 169) to audit the elected real estate tax collector from whom you receive payments. Not only is this the law – it is your civic responsibility to see that your constituents’ tax dollars are managed wisely and protected.
We are qualified to help you with your real estate tax collector audit needs because:
- We have more than 30 years of experience in conducting audits of local elected real estate tax collectors.
- We currently conduct more than 60 annual real estate tax collector audits.
- We have extensive expertise and knowledge regarding the requirements of Act 169.
- We help school districts and municipalities by providing recommendations for improving or enhancing internal control systems to safeguard taxpayer dollars.
- Audit contracts for municipalities or school districts can be structured to include real estate tax collectors to provide simultaneous audits.