H2R CPA Career Opportunity as of September 2023
Headquartered in western Pennsylvania for more than 65 years, H2R CPA is a locally owned and managed accounting firm dedicated to providing outstanding value, proficient service and a trusted relationship with our clients. We take great pride in having the experience, resources and depth of knowledge of a large accounting firm while offering the personalized attention and character of an independent firm.
At H2R CPA, we treat our team members with respect, offer competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a relaxed, professional environment. We understand the changing workplace so our employees enjoy WFH opportunities, a casual dress code, and flexible, reduced work hours outside of busy season, including the opportunity to compress the work week to 4 days during the core summer months.
H2R CPA is looking for a Tax Supervisor with a clear path to Manager to join our growing Tax Department. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated continued progress and growth over his/her career, the ability to manage multiple engagements, provide superior client service, perform tax research and solve complex tax problems.
At least 5 years of tax experience in public accounting
- Engagement management – reviewing work papers, coordinating and working with other departments, supervising staff and managing client engagements
- Preparing tax returns for multi-state and multi-national businesses in varying industries
- Other required skills – training, coordinating/leading projects, proposal development, firm marketing
- Identify and implement tax planning strategies
- Tax specialization – strong skills in: individuals, pass-through entities, and corporations
- Performing tax research and documenting conclusions
- Experience in specialized tax areas such as international, SALT, M&A, tax credits, or trusts/estates/gifts is considered a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business-related field, Master’s Degree preferred
CPA. MST a plus
Software experience (preferred products)
- Tax Preparation – CCH ProSystem
- BNA Planning
- CCH Fixed Assets
- CCH Engagement
Tax research products (proficient skills in one of the following)
- Bloomberg Tax Research (BNA)
- CCH AnswerConnect
- Thomson Reuters RIA Checkpoint