BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Kieran O’Dea began his career with H2R CPA in 1998. Prior to rejoining H2R CPA in 2016, he was with a global accounting firm where he served as a partner in the Assurance and Transaction Advisory Services group and was the former Co-Director of the Manufacturing and Distribution Services for a large regional firm. In Kieran’s current role with H2R CPA, he serves as a partner in the firm’s Accounting & Assurance Services group and is also responsible for the strategic growth of H2R CPA.
Kieran has spent most of his 20+ years in public accounting working with privately held and family-owned middle market manufacturing, distribution, and service companies. He has led audit engagements for local and national companies with annual sales ranging from $10 million to more than $200 million. He helps his clients plan for, conduct, and implement internal control reviews, cost reduction and savings strategies, inventory process controls, and cost benefit analyses.
Additionally, Kieran has extensive experience consulting on buy-side and sell-side transactions including add-on acquisitions, target company acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers of equals. His experience in these types of transactions includes determining the value of the acquisition target, conducting financial and tax due diligence, tax structuring, determining appropriate working capital targets, and post-merger integration.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – Robert Morris University
- Certified Public Accountant
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- President – Financial Industries Network
- Member – Board of Governors – South Hills Country Club
- Graduate – Leadership Pittsburgh Class XXIX
- Member – Vistage® Worldwide (Chief Executives Program)
- Member – Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
Kieran enjoys spending his free time with his wife, Jennifer, and their four children. His other interests include golfing, home improvement projects and time relaxing on the beach.