BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Alex M. Kindler began his career with H2R CPA in 1985. Prior to joining the firm, Alex spent time with a then “Big 8” firm as well as a variety of corporate positions. Alex is currently the firm’s Business Valuation and Litigation Support Partner and concentrates his practice in these areas as well as individual tax planning, budgeting, forecasting and mergers & acquisitions. Alex has provided over 2,000 business valuations in a variety of industries, including professional practices, manufacturers and family-owned businesses.
Alex is a published author and frequent speaker at professional and educational seminars. He has been admitted in court and master’s hearings as an expert witness in business valuation, disposable income, fairness opinions and economic damage cases in U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Orphan’s Court and numerous counties throughout Pennsylvania.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics – Knox College
- MBA, concentration in Accounting & Finance – University of Pittsburgh
- Licensed Life and Annuities – PA Resident Agent (inactive)
- Licensed General Securities Representative – Series 7 (inactive) & Series 66
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Past-President – NACVA Western Pennsylvania State Chapter (20 years)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (CLASP)
- Instructor, CPA Continuing Education – Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC), Penn State University, PICPA and Allegheny County Bar Association
- Past Board Member – The Family Trust (an Achieva Family Corporation)
- Past Chairman – Center for Theater Arts
- Past-President – Outreach Teen and Family Services
- Past-President – South Hills B’nai B’rith
- Volunteer and Top Individual Fundraiser – Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Alex lives in Mt. Lebanon with his wife, Debbie. They enjoy spending family time with their three adult children, Elliot, Kevin and Natalie, while participating in a variety of activities, including volunteering. They are also avid tennis players and bowlers.