At H2R CPA, we are committed to serving nonprofit organizations and have been doing so for over 40 years, since 1975.
As part of our ongoing commitment to provide the ideal combination of small-firm attention and the depth-of-knowledge and insight of a larger firm, H2R CPA has developed an effective strategy to ensure the firm meets the needs of our clients in the nonprofit community, through our Nonprofit Services Group.
Nonprofit Services Group
H2R CPA’s Nonprofit Services Group is dedicated to identifying issues specific to nonprofit organizations in a proactive manner. This group ensures that our nonprofit clients have the most current knowledge and recommendations to keep their organization in compliance and on the cutting edge of any new developments or opportunities in this complex sector.
Our team members attend the annual Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) nonprofit conference which updates the nonprofit sector on new accounting pronouncements and regulations.
H2R CPA is currently a member in good standing of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC).
Our firm is officially licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy and our team is properly educated, trained and experienced in performing financial and Single (A-133) audits.
Nonprofit Organizations Served
TYPES OF CLIENTS
- Human, Social and Community Services
- Cultural and Arts Organizations
- Community Foundations
- University Foundations
- Economic and Civic Development
- Professional Associations
- Fraternal Benefit Societies
TYPES OF SERVICES
- Attestation services
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements and related footnotes
- Tax return preparation - Federal Form 990 and PA BCO-10
- Reviewing and advising on compliance with government contracts
- Single audits (A-133)
- Advising clients on the implementation of new accounting and auditing pronouncements
- Providing suggestions regarding improvements to the system of internal control
- Reviewing the organization’s accounting policy and procedures manual
- Assisting in the development and improvement of the financial reporting process
- Advising audit committees on implementing their policies and procedures
- Prospective and pro-forma financial statement examinations
Nonprofit Thought Leadership
H2R CPA is also a thought leader in the nonprofit arena. Over the years, several of our nonprofit specialists have served conducted training courses for The Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management (BCNM) at Robert Morris University. In addition, our firm previously sponsored the bi-annual Wage and Benefit Survey of Southwestern PA Nonprofit Organizations conducted by BCNM, as well as The 74% Project – a research initiative at BCNM that explores the lives of women nonprofit leaders.