BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Edward G. Scherer joined H2R CPA in 1991 and is currently an Accounting & Assurance Services Partner as well as the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Nonprofit practice. Prior to joining the team at H2R CPA, Ed worked at a multi-national, closely held steel manufacturer in the controller’s office.
In his current role at H2R CPA, Ed concentrates his practice in accounting and auditing for family-owned and closely held businesses, as well as management consulting and business advisory services. Ed’s industry specialties include manufacturing, technology, higher education foundations and nonprofits.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics – Allegheny College
- Accounting – University of Pittsburgh
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- CGMA – Chartered Global Management Accountant
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Chair, CPA Associates International (CPAAI) Family Business Committee
- Treasurer, Pittsburgh Chapter – American Marketing Association
- Former PICPA Executive Committee Member
Ed lives in Cranberry with his wife, Deann, and they are both avid Steelers fans. When he isn’t working, Ed enjoys golfing and spending time with family and friends.