H2R CPA Career Opportunity as of April 4, 2023
Headquartered in western Pennsylvania for more than 65 years, H2R CPA is a locally owned and managed accounting firm dedicated to providing outstanding value, exceptional client service experiences, and building long term trusted relationships with our clients. We take great pride in possessing the expertise, resources, and depth of knowledge of a large accounting firm while offering the personalized attention and character of a smaller accounting practice.
At H2R CPA, we treat our team members with respect, offer competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a relaxed, professional environment. We understand the changing workplace and plan to continue to offer the benefits of a flexible remote and hybrid work schedule, including a substantial work from home policy.
We are looking for an Accounting Consultant to join our Accounting Services Consulting Department. The Accounting Consultant will help our clients gather, analyze, and understand how the data they collect will impact their company’s operations, finances, and cash flows. Qualified candidates will possess strong general accounting skills and technology savviness, ideally with QuickBooks products.
The ideal candidate will have significant opportunity for growth within the firm and should be interested in developing deep accounting, finance, and business consulting skills.
As Accounting Consultant, you will…
- Manage clients assigned from your supervisor by providing services including stand-alone bank reconciliations, payroll data input, full monthly closes, and account analyses.
- Manage relationships and communications with clients to address service needs, questions, and concerns; send monthly reports and analyses, schedule needed site visits, and address any other needs that may arise during the accounting cycle.
- Document and organize work papers and conclusions in a logical manner.
- Compose and update client checklists as work is completed and/or new services arise during the engagement.
- Provide clients with consulting, troubleshooting, and training on their QuickBooks systems.
- Support QuickBooks software installations and initial file setups.
- Become familiar with monthly accounting cycle and year end procedures.
As Accounting Consultant, you have…
- 2+ years of experience in public or private accounting, bookkeeping, or other accounting related functions.
- A strong debits and credits background highly preferred.
- An Associate Degree in Accounting.
- A high-level of technology proficiency working with varied software including Intuit QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- QuickBooks Online certification and/proficiency is highly preferred.
- The interest and ability to develop a command of generally accepted accounting principles, and procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Excellent client facing and consulting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.