H2R CPA Career Opportunity as of October 2023
Headquartered in western Pennsylvania for more than 65 years, H2R CPA is a locally owned and managed accounting firm dedicated to providing outstanding value, exceptional client service experiences, and building long term trusted relationships with our clients. We take great pride in possessing the expertise, resources, and depth of knowledge of a large accounting firm while offering the personalized attention and character of a smaller accounting practice.
At H2R CPA, we treat our team members with respect, offer competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a relaxed, professional environment. We understand the changing workplace and plan to continue to offer the benefits of a flexible remote and hybrid work schedule, including a substantial work from home policy.
We are looking for a Billing Specialist to join our Operations Team. The Billing Specialist will be responsible for monitoring the firm WIP, preparing initial invoices for approval and providing reports on critical firm metrics and categories. The role will also be responsible for driving the effective usage of our billing software, seeking opportunities to automate where possible. The ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills, and excellent technical aptitude. This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams, contributing to the firm’s financial health.
As Billing Specialist, you will…
- Generate initial invoices specific to client requirements on behalf of assigned Partners/Leaders.
- Run monthly WIP and AR reports; monitor reports for trends and outliers and provide regular and appropriate financial reporting updates to members of firm leadership, including but not limited to:
- Staff Hours
- Set up new clients and projects in CCH system as aligned to company policies and procedures.
- Manage first level billing-related questions and forward all other billing questions from clients to the appropriate internal POC.
- Process customer invoices and accurately apply payments to customer accounts.
- Assist with the reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Support month-end and year-end closing procedures and deadlines.
- Lead process improvements and suggest strategies to enhance the efficiency of the billing function, particularly via the use of automation and technology usage.
As Billing Specialist, you have…
- Prior experience in a billing-focused or similar financial role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior CCH software experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in a professional services firm/environment.
- Prior accounting or legal billing experience preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest in process improvement and automation using technology and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
We partner with Compass for our recruiting needs to help create the best possible win-win environment for both H2R CPA and the employees we onboard.